Land of 10,000 Beers
The Minnesota Craft Brewers Guild (MNCBG) is proud to announce the return of the ‘Land of 10,000 Beers’ Craft Beer Hall exhibit at the Minnesota State Fair from Thursday, August 22, until Monday, September 2, 9am until 9pm.
Housed in the Agriculture/Horticulture building, the exhibit will showcase the best of Minnesota’s craft beer industry and detail the brewing process all the way from the farm to the pint glass. It’ll tell the history of beer culture in Minnesota and highlight our state as a ‘brew-cation destination.’ There’s a root beer section for kids, a ‘brew deck’ stage for daily speakers and craft beer on tap from nearly 30 Minnesota breweries.
The Minnesota Craft Brewers Guild, created in 2000, is now more than 60 members strong including more than 40 breweries and brewpubs – which is double the Guild’s membership numbers in just two years. Craft beer’s sales growth in dollars was up 14 percent in the first half of 2012, and volume sales were up 12 percent, where volumes of sales of general U.S. beer were down more than 2 percent. The American craft beer revolution is both a national and statewide movement. The State Fair ‘Land of 10,000 Beers’ Craft Beer Hall celebrates this.
For daily updates on beer flights and expert presentations, check out our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/minnesotacraftbrewersguild or follow us on Twitter, @mncraftbrew.
Presentation Schedule subject to change.
Thursday, August 22
- 3pm – Getting to Know the Guild: Clint Roberts, Guild Executive Director
- 6pm – Beer Tourism: Dan Justesen, Guild President, Vine Park Brewing Co.
Friday, August 23
- 3pm – Member Showcase: 612Brew, Indeed Brewing Co.
- 6pm – The Art of the Cask: Tony Digatono of Great Waters Brewing Co.
Saturday, August 24
- Noon – Homebrewer Award Program
- 3pm – Primary Fermenter Showcase
- 6pm – Member Showcase: Surly Brewing Co., Fulton Beer
Sunday, August 25
- Noon – A Historian’s Perspective: Craft Beer with Doug Hoverson
- 3pm – Minnesota Hop Star: The U of M’s Charlie Rohwer, Ph.D.
- 6pm – Member Showcase: Third Street Brewhouse, Boom Island Brewing Co., Flat Earth Brewing Co.
Monday, August 26
- 3pm – Member Showcase: Excelsior Brewing Co., Lucid Brewing Co.
- 6pm – Exploring Beer Artifacts: Steve Ketcham
Tuesday, August 27
- 3pm – Discussing Different Brewing Styles: Damian McConn from Summit Brewing Co., Jace Marti from August Schell Brewing Co., and Todd Haug from Surly Brewing Co.
- 6pm – Brotherly Brewing: Mike Hoops (Town Hall Brewery) and Dave Hoops (Fitger’s Brewhouse)
Wednesday, August 28
- 3pm – Member Showcase: Castle Danger Brewery, Lift Bridge Brewery
- 6pm – Member Showcase: Dangerous Man Brewing Co., Big Wood Brewery
Thursday, August 29
- 3pm – The Flavor Profiles of Beer: Michael Agnew
- 6pm – Member Showcase: Lift Bridge Brewing Co., Town Hall Brewery
Friday, August 30
- 3pm – A Veteran Perspective on Minnesota Craft Beer: Mark Stutrud of Summit Brewing Co., Ted Marti of August Schell Brewing Co.
- 6pm – The First Family of Minnesota Craft Beer: The Marti Family of August Schell Brewing Co.
Saturday, August 31
- Noon: Local Flavor: Artifacts and Agriculture: Dave Wendl, North Star Chapter, Breweriana Collectors Club of America, U of M’s Charlie Rohwer, Ph.D. (hops), Cargill’s Mark Ruark (barley/malt)
- 3pm – Duluth Beer City: Tim Nelson, Frank Kaszuba, and Dave Hoops from Fitger’s Brewhouse
- 6pm – Exploring the World of Barley and Malt: Chris German from Brewers Supply Group
Sunday, September 1
- Noon – From Farm to Glass: Joe Pond (Olvalde Farm and Brewing Co.) and Dustin Brau (Brau Bros. Brewing Co.)
- 3pm – Member Showcase: Excelsior Brewing Co., Third Street Brewhouse
- 6pm – The Craft Beer Consumer: The Four Firkins
Monday, September 2
- 3pm – Homebrewing 101: Jeff Merriman of Northern Brewer
- 6pm – Another side of craft beer.
Breweries Pouring at the Land of 10,000 Beers
*Please note that, by Minnesota state law, brewpubs are not allowed to pour at the State Fair
- August Schell Brewing
- Bent Paddle Brewing Co.
- Big Wood Brewery
- Boom Island Brewing
- Brau Brothers Brewing
- Castle Danger Brewery
- Dangerous Man Brewing Co.
- Excelsior Brewing Co.
- Flat Earth Brewing Co.
- Fulton Beer
- Harriet Brewing Co.
- Indeed Brewing Company
- Jack Pine Brewery
- Lift Bridge Brewing Co.
- Lucid Brewing
- Mankato Brewery
- NorthGate Brewing
- Olvalde Farm & Brewing Co.
- Pour Decisions Brewing Co.
- Steel Toe Brewing
- Summit Brewing Co.
- Surly Brewing Co.
- Third Street Brewhouse
- Vine Park Brewing