Minnesota Beers Medal at Great American Beer Festival
As the beer world descended on Denver October 5-7, Minnesota Guild members took home some hardware, earning six medals in the Great American Beer Festival’s annual competition.
More than 2,200 breweries submitted nearly 8,000 beers to the competition. A panel of 276 judges from around the world — along with another 185 expert volunteers — awarded gold, silver and bronze medals to recognize excellence in 96 categories of beer.
Cheers and congrats to the Guild members that made it to the podium!
- Beaver Island Brewing Co.’s Oktoberfest: Bronze Medal, German-Style Märzen
- Bent Paddle Brewing Co.’s 14 Degree ESB: Gold Medal, Extra Special Bitter
- The Freehouse’s No. 20 Barleywine: Silver Medal, Barley Wine-Style Ale
- The Freehouse’s No. 33 Gose: Silver Medal, Leipzig-Style Gose or Contemporary Gose
- Lupulin Brewing’s Dortmunder: Gold Medal, Dortmunder or German-Style Oktoberfest
- Summit Brewing Co.’s Extra Pale Ale: Silver Medal, Classic English-Style Pale Ale